Innovation Fund Denmark
Innovation Fund Denmark invests in the development of new knowledge and technology creating growth and employment in Denmark. The Fund focuses on societal challenges, strengthens research and increases innovation commitment within private companies.
The fund provides risk capital that enables cutting-edge initiatives to achieve results substantially impacting the Danish society. Denmark depends on research-based knowledge being brought into action every day both at universities and within large and small companies. It is therefore imperative that companies and universities embark on developing new technologies and innovations.
- The Fund offers grants for activities within strategic research, technology and innovation.
- The establishment of Innovation Fund Denmark is the biggest reform of the Danish research and innovation system in the past two decades.
- The budget of Innovation Fund Denmark is 210 €m in 2014. In addition companies and universities will provide funding for participating in projects.
- With the establishment of Innovation Fund Denmark, there is a significant simplification of the research and innovation system, and a stronger focus on demand.
- Innovation Fund Denmark will also be responsible for the future societal partnerships, where companies, universities and public authorities will work together on challenges facing society today.