RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/01/2020 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONUnited States › San Diego
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
Assists in the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety programs to address government regulations/standards... Introduction
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Assists in the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety programs to address government regulations/standards, fully addressing their implications on the facility. Develops, presents, and ensures the completion of any employee training in Environmental Health and Safety policy and procedures. Researches industry “Best-Practices” to ensure world class leadership in EHS. Performs risk assessments and recommends corrective actions in R&D and Manufacturing environments. Ensures a thorough investigation of incidents. Uses knowledge to develop solutions and engage resources to implement improvements to Environmental Health and Safety issues/challenges.
- Improve EHS workplace performance by promoting an incident-free work place, identifying and mitigating EHS risk and implementing safety management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards.
- Conduct necessary safety trainings for employees and ensure compliance and understanding.
- Guide and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations, and corporate compliance polices.
- Facilitate and engage business unit teams and team members to drive projects that will lead to reductions in accidents, energy use, and waste minimization.
- Ensure timely submittal of required state, federal and/or local safety regulatory reports.
- Participate in Safety Committees and team meetings.
- Conduct inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures.
- Assist in incident investigations and problem solving.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of federal, state and loca
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 456438
Posting organisation offer ID: 15167
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.